Saturday, October 26, 2013

Still a Viking

I was looking at my Ancestry.com DNA results recently after they announced they had improved them and was surprised at the results.

It now shows my ancestor's ethnicity is 70% from Great Britain. What happened? They used to show me as 97% Scandinavian. Now I am only 12%.

They say this 70% is more than what a typical native from Great Britain would have as they are only coming in at 60%.  All those British war brides I suppose...

Frankly I was kind of happy before to have Scandinavian heritage. I would rather claim a connection to one of the Viking invaders than the Wimbledon crowd.

I guess I will have to look for evidence that one of my Viking grandfather's found a wife on the Island and settled down there. That would be a plausible explanation for the test results.


No comments: