Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Social Security Card

For anyone who has lost their wallet, getting ID cards replaced is a lot of trouble. I had mine stolen from my car a couple years ago and my daughter lost her wallet on a trolley car in San Francisco last year.



One of the worst things to replace is the Social Security card. There is no way to do it without going to the Social Security office in person and standing in line. It can be an all day process.



I was surprised to find the Social Security Administration was so efficient in sending copies of original Social Security applications. Most of us can't even remember filing such an application because we did it in grade school or our parents did it for us.



For my Grandparent's generation, it was done when they were adults. This is the application from my Grandpa Green. He filled it out seventy three years ago today, June 1, 1938.



These applications, completed by adults, do have some interesting information about their life.



I never knew he worked at a Billiards Parlor, but there it is! He was 58 years old at the time.

No comments: