Sunday, May 2, 2010

Collaboration

Sometimes you need some extra motivation to do something.

I recently met, at least online, two distant relatives who were interested in researching my Wilson family. They were both related via siblings of my great grandfather, Benjamin Franklin Wilson.

Kathy Wilson Rigsby is a cousin descending from Moses Wilson Jr., Ben Wilson's brother. Lucy Williams is related to Cincinnati Cohen Wilson the wife of George Newton Wilson, another of Ben's brothers. The three brothers were part of the 25 or so children of Moses Wilson, Sr.

Kathy and Lucy both had some information on the Wilson family I didn't have and I had some they didn't have. For several months we shared emails and research and in the process located most of the other Wilson siblings and many of their descendants. We also located the burial locations for many of them and between the three of us obtained photos of the markers.

I probably could have done this on my own, but it was a lot easier and certainly more enjoyable to do it together.

No comments: